- Medical Facial In Singapore
- Laser Rejuvenation
- Autologous Skin Microfrafting for Androgenetic Alopecia
- Clear & Smooth Laser
- Eye Thread Lift
- Fractional Resurfacing Laser
- Hydration Fillers/Skin-boosters
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections For The Face & Skin 逆時針
- Laser Hair Removal
- Fat Freezing Treatment (FDA Approved)
- The Dermalift
- Pigment Recovery Program
- Salmon DNA Injection 婴儿针
- Fractional Resurfacing Laser with no down time
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Steroid Injection
- Laser Treatment For Acne & Acne Scars
- Dermal Fillers
- Skin Brightening Laser Treatment in Singapore
- 安全无创超声刀Non-invasive Skin Tightening & Lifting Treatment
- Skin Tightening & Facelift Treatment In Singapore
- TESLA Former
- Non surgical RF skin tightening
- Thread Lift
- Laser Removal of Skin Growths
- RF Microneedling Treatment – Skin Brightening
- Laser Body Contouring
- Non-Invasive Fat Reduction In Singapore
- Non surgical RF skin tightening
- Nose Thread Lift
- Facial Acne Treatment in Singapore
- Body Slimming Treatment Singapore: A Guide to Contouring Solutions
- Skin Hydration Treatments for Dull Skin
- Non surgical RF skin tightening FLX
Eye Thread Lift
Insertion of absorbable threads.
Potential for diminished eye bags and a smoother under-eye contour.
Some redness and swelling are possible at the sites of insertion.
Treatment focused on the under-eye region.
Generally completed in under 30 minutes.
What is An Eye Thread Lift Treatment?
An eye thread lift aims to address signs of ageing around the eyes, which may include sagging skin, eye bags, and wrinkles. This minimally invasive procedure involves the insertion of temporary, absorbable threads beneath the skin. These threads are meant to act as a scaffolding structure that lifts and tightens the skin from within.
The treatment works by carefully placing these biocompatible threads, made from polydioxanone (PDO) or polylactic acid (PLA), into the under-eye area. Once inserted, they create a subtle but visible lift in the skin. Over time, the threads stimulate the body’s natural production of collagen around the treated area. This increase in collagen can lead to smoother, more elastic skin and a reduction in the appearance of eye bags and wrinkles.
As the threads are absorbed by the body, they continue to support the skin’s new shape before dissolving completely. This process encourages a regenerative response, which can potentially lead to prolonged improvements in the skin’s structure and a more youthful and refreshed appearance around the eyes.
Who is The Eye Thread Lift Treatment For?
Eye bags and dark eye circles are common complaints in our highly-stressed modern-day society. Lack of sleep, and spending too much time in front of the computer are aggravating lifestyle factors that many of us are guilty of.
Eye threads can provide a faster and more effective solution to droopy eyes and eye bags compared to topical applications of eye creams and face masks. If you’re exploring options to address thin skin and fine wrinkles beneath your eyes, reduce the appearance of mild to moderate eye bags, or just perk up your eyes for a more youthful appearance, eye thread lifts may offer a non-surgical alternative.
The specialised threads placed in the skin break down, initiating a regenerative process that aims to tighten and smooth wrinkled skin safely. This process also stimulates the production of collagen, a vital substance. Over time, as the threads gradually dissolve, they may contribute to the reduction of protruding fat tissues that often cause the appearance of eye bags, potentially leading to tighter, firmer, and more rejuvenated-looking under-eye skin.
Benefits of the Eye Thread Lift Treatment
For those looking to enhance the eye region, the eye thread lift aims to offer benefits that include:
- Lifting Effect: Upon application of the threads, the doctor gently shapes and elevates the tissue around the eyes. This technique may lead to a subtle lifting and re-contouring of the eye area, with the extent of lift varying from person to person
- Potential for Collagen and Elastin Renewal: The presence of the threads beneath the skin may encourage the body’s natural processes to renew collagen and elastin over the following six to eight months. As a result, patients may notice a gradual improvement in the contour and texture of the eye area, and possibly a softening of wrinkles.
- Safe and Convenient: Regarded for its favourable safety considerations, the procedure is typically well-tolerated, with most individuals experiencing little discomfort. It’s often completed quickly, potentially fitting into a brief time slot, which is why it’s commonly referred to as the ‘lunchtime lift’.
It’s important to recognise that the eye thread lift procedure, while generally straightforward and safe, carries different outcomes for each individual. A face-to-face consultation with the doctor is encouraged, allowing for a tailored approach to meet the unique concerns and questions of each patient.
Types of Eye Threads Available in Singapore
Singapore’s aesthetic industry uses two main eye thread types in their eye thread lift procedures, each with FDA approval:
Polylactic Acid (PLA)
The PLA eye thread lift, commonly as ‘Lunchtime Lift’ or ‘One-stitch Facelift,’ offers a minimally invasive option for facial rejuvenation. The threads, made from polylactic acid (PLA), are biodegradable and generally recognised for their safety, aligning well with the body’s natural processes.
Typically associated with providing a lifting effect, PLA thread lifts are considered to encourage collagen production, which may, in turn, subtly enhance facial contours over an extended period.
The PDO eye thread lift, sometimes known as the ‘Korean Facelift,’ utilises threads composed of PDO – a material with a good track record for safety in medical contexts. This technique, underpinned by patented technology, is thought to potentially provide noticeable improvements, especially in the lifting and tightening of the mid-face and jawline areas.
While some patients may observe an immediate lifting effect, the threads are also designed to gradually dissolve, which may enhance skin firmness over time. The customisable nature of PDO threads is intended to allow for tailored treatments aimed at achieving understated and natural-appearing enhancements.
Understanding the Eye Thread Lift Treatment Process
The eye thread lift procedure involves a series of steps:
- Preparation: The therapist cleanses the facial area to remove any impurities. An anaesthetic cream is applied to the area around the eyes to reduce discomfort.
- Marking: The doctor marks precise points on the face where the threads will be inserted.
- Anaesthesia: A local anaesthetic is administered to the marked areas to enhance comfort during the thread insertion.
- Insertion of Threads: Threads made of PDO or PLA are inserted around the eye area.
- Structural Support: The threads are positioned to provide support and create a lifting effect around the eyes
- Completion: The threads will eventually be metabolised by the body, negating the need for removal. The procedure is complete, and patients can typically resume normal activities, bearing in mind that individual reactions may vary.
Potential Outcomes of the Eye Thread Lift Treatment
Patients may see progressive changes gradually over two to six months post-treatment.
- Skin Tightening: The insertion sites of the threads may exhibit a tightening effect, which could be noticeable as the skin appears less loose.
- Smoothing of Eye Bags: There may be a smoothing of the under-eye area, with eye bags potentially becoming less pronounced.
- Reduction of Dark Circles and Fine Lines: Dark circles and fine lines around the eyes might show signs of diminishing.
- Brighter, Youthful Appearance: The cumulative effect of these changes could lead to brighter and smoother under-eye skin, contributing to a rejuvenated appearance.
It should be noted that these outcomes are potential and can vary based on individual responses to the eye thread lift treatment.
Expected Downtime After The Eye Thread Lift Treatment
Typically, patients may experience little to no significant downtime following the eye thread lift procedure. It’s common for there to be faint needle marks at the injection sites, and occasionally, some individuals might notice mild bruising. These minor effects generally resolve on their own in a short period, and while they can vary from person to person, they are usually not a major concern.
Treatment Session Considerations
Maintaining a youthful appearance around the eyes may be possible with periodic eye thread lift treatments, potentially on an annual basis. Eye thread lifts can work in synergy with other procedures like salmon DNA treatments, dermal filler treatments, and non-surgical RF skin tightening treatments. This combination approach could help in rejuvenating the appearance of tired eyes, though individual results can vary.
Frequently Asked Questions About Eye Thread Lift Treatment
The eye thread lift procedure is generally quick, typically requiring about 30 minutes to an hour. This duration can slightly vary depending on individual cases.
An eye thread lift is usually associated with little pain due to the use of anaesthetic cream and local anaesthesia. However, individual pain thresholds can vary, so experiences may differ.
Post-treatment downtime is typically minimal with an eye thread lift. Most patients can resume normal activities fairly soon, and makeup can often be applied a few days after the procedure, based on your physician’s guidance.
Common side effects of an eye thread lift include temporary swelling or bruising at the injection points. These are typically mild and resolve on their own. The occurrence and severity of side effects can vary from patient to patient.
After an eye thread lift, it’s important to adhere to your doctor’s aftercare instructions, which may involve rest and limited activity. Results can differ between individuals, so following tailored advice for aftercare is crucial to support the treatment’s success.