Areas of Concern
- Acne & Acne ScarsAcne is a common, chronic inflammatory skin condition caused by overactive oil glands and pore blockage. It can be present as whiteheads, blackheads, pustules and nodules from teens all the way into adulthood.
Also treat "Maskne" with our range of Acne Treatments due to prolong mask wearing. Maskne can be treated safely with our combined treatment approach.
Acne is unsightly and can affect one’s confidence. Treating acne as soon as possible is key to prevent scarring.
Laser Rejuvenation is the most popular treatment in our clinic arsenal. It has a great capacity to safely improve any type of skin concerns with no downtime. It uses a Q-switched Nd:YAG laser that safely and effectively treats acne by shrinking the sebaceous glands as well as destroying the acne bacteria. This potent laser treatment combats acne by reducing oil production that clog pores, and kills the bacteria responsible for acne.
- Redness / RosaceaRosacea appears as redness on the cheeks, nose, chin or forehead. The extent of the redness varies and can be difficult to recognise early. Rosacea can cause visible blood vessels, sensitive and rough skin, and may even lead to bumps and pimples.
There is no cure for Rosacea so early treatment and control is key.
Treat Melasma, Redness, Freckles, Hot flush, Whitening with Sylfirm.
- Scars / Pores / ResurfacingScarring is caused when skin pores engorged with excess oil, dead skin cells and bacteria cause a break in the follicle wall. Scars can create uneven texture that cause shadows when light falls on your face, making it look dull and craggy.
Scars can range in their appearance from shallow to deep.
Rolling scars: Wide depressions with gently-sloped edges that give the skin a wavy, uneven appearance
Boxcar scars: Oval-shaped depressions that are wide and uneven, caused by inflammation that prevents the rebuilding of skin tissue by lowering collagen levels
Ice pick scars: Narrow and deep depressions with steep sides caused by severe acne, causing the skin to appear rocky and craggly
- Fine Lines / WrinklesCollagen helps our skin remain taut, while elastin maintains our skin’s ability to spring back when it stretches or contracts.
As our skin ages, the progressive loss of collagen and elastin causes our skin to look loose, saggy and lose it’s suppleness. Resulting in an aged look with more prominent fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sagging / Jowls / Volume LossThe typical Asian facial bone structure has rounder features and an overall less contoured shape.
As we age, genetics, facial volume loss from the shrinkage of fat and muscle mass in our cheeks can exacerbate this issue — causing our skin to sag and result in a flatter face.
- Dark Eye Circles / Tired EyesEyebags and dark circles form over time due to several contributing factors. These can be hereditary, such as thinner skin that allows the underlying blood vessel bed to appear as a dark colour, or deep-set eye with an overhanging bone structure that casts a shadow over the under-eye area.
They can also be caused by lifestyle factors such as stress, lack of sleep or general aging.
No matter the cause, they can make you appear older and tired.
- Nose ShapingA shapely and well-defined nose can boost your confidence and enhance other features on your face. Non-surgical procedures are popular to achieve a perfectly contoured nose without the inherent risk, pain and long recovery period of surgery.
- Jawline Shaping / V-Shaped FaceBulky muscles, teeth grinding (bruxism) and habitual snacking with excessive chewing are some of the reasons accounting for a squarish or broadened jawline.
Non-Surgical Face Lifts: Ultherapy, Thermage
Injectables such as neuromodulators and fillers can reduce and contour the jawline. Threads can also lift and slim the face visually, attaining an attractive V-shape face.
- Double Chin / Neck LinesAs we age, our skin depletes its collagen stores, losing its elasticity and sagging in the process.
The V-shape face of our youth is lost as the weight of our features droops downwards. In its place, a U-shape face is seen with jowls, double chins and prominent neck folds.
This can be corrected with non-invasive lifting procedures without expensive, invasive surgery.
- Pigmentation / BrighteningSun exposure, indoor lighting, genetics, hormonal changes and ageing can cause pigmentation and uneven skin tone.
Different treatments are used to address pigmentation depending on whether the melanin affected is located within your epidermis, dermis or deep dermis.
- Skin GrowthsSkin growths can take the form of unsightly or protruding bumps such as tags, moles, warts, milia and enlarged oil glands. Although mostly harmless, they can be annoying and cause one to lose confidence.
Removal of these skin growths are relatively simple, one-time procedures that makes the appearance healthier and youthful.
- Tattoo RemovalTattoo ink can be removed safely and quickly with minimal discomfort using a laser. Length and number of sessions largely depend on the size and complexity of the tattoo, as well as the type of ink used.
- Hair RemovalUnwanted hair can appear in areas such as the upper lip, underarms, legs and bikini line. Frequent shaving, epilating and waxing to maintain hygiene and aesthetics can be a hassle, with the added risk of ingrown hair where the hair grows inside the skin causing unsightly bumps on the skin. Traditional hair removal methods are also a common cause of skin irritation leading to sensitive skin.
- Hair Loss / Thinning HairAlopecia or hair loss may be a result of genetic factors, certain systemic diseases such as autoimmune disorders, chemotherapy, infection, injury and/or stress.
The amount of hair lost, the area affected and frequency of loss varies between each individual.
Treatment procedures can be personalized to suit your condition and encourage hair to grow back, as well as stop the further depletion of even more hair follicles.
- Body ShapingStubborn fats that do not resolve with exercise are a common problem. These are typically in areas such as the arms, back, abdomen, hips and thighs. Contributing factors are gender, genetics and lifestyle. Today, medical aesthetic technology enables the safe and rapid breakdown of fats with no anesthesia, needles, special diet, supplements or surgery.
- Feminine RejuvenationChildbirth and the natural ageing process can bring about undesired changes which may affect feminine wellness. The former can mechanically stretch the vagina canal and cause weakness in the pelvic floor muscles. The latter includes menopause and can cause physical and functional changes like thinning of vaginal walls, vaginal sagging, reduced sexual pleasure and urinary incontinence.
Dedicating our full attention to our patients’ concerns is our imperative so as to provide an honest opinion on treatments needed. Be it looking for skin solutions, advice on beauty matters or simply wanting to pamper yourself, you can be sure that you are in for a rejuvenating and revitalizing experience with our personalized and avant-garde evidence-based medical aesthetics treatments.
Visit us at any of our four Clinics across Singapore for all your beauty needs.
Dr Cindy’s Medical Aesthetics
Orchard. Bukit Timah. Jurong Point. Tampines One.
FOR BEAUTY MATTERS
Dr Cindy Yang
Dr Clement Leong
Dr Hoe Ying Min
Dr Grace Su
Blogs & News
19 Jan 2022
What is the SculpSure Treatmen...
17 Jan 2022
Regulations for Medical Aesthe...
05 Jan 2022
The differences between Spas a...
23 Dec 2021
Get Rid of Pigmentation, Uneve...
23 Dec 2021
Here’s How to Get Rid of...
23 Dec 2021
How to Treat Vaginal Problems
09 Dec 2021
What are Hydration Fillers and...
08 Dec 2021
07 Sep 2021
07 Sep 2021